Sunday, April 29, 2007

Calling Lil Wayne – (No Weezy F)




“Me, me it’s all about me/ Play with me and its all out beef/ Beef? Yes! Chest! Feet! Tag! Bag! Blood! Sheets! Yikes! Yeeks! Great Scott! Storch, can I borrow your yacht?/ Watch me and my click go all out/ Like the ball in the stands, we balls out/ Partna I don’t know what y’all about/ But I spit like a dog mouth/ Pink ice just looking like a hog mouth/ Vroom I had to bring the hog out/ Light them trees, bring the log out/ Everday Christmas I’m Eggnogg’d out/ And Hip hop is my new bought house/ My flow just grew legs and walked out. Bye.”


The Drought 3 has landed in my inbox (no email) – well the yousendit link did and I thank and praise the day it did (no Jesus).

Please, someone in Weezy land please contact me (no BT) so I can interview this dude. I mean, please. Can anyone help me (No Beatles)?

Anyway, let me tell you about this album: Warming up for his Carter 3 album with a double-disc mixtape of fresh freestyles and outrageous remixes, Weezy F proves he actually might indeed be the best rapper alive. Well, if not the best, certainly its cockiest (no penis). And funniest. And weird. The New Orleans rhymer is a one-man metaphor machine, a simila-tor, firing off confident couplets that veer from the inventive to the insane – to the point you can literally play the CD at any random point and find something nots. Like this, from Ride With My Ni**as:

‘And when I was five, my favourite movie was The Gremlines
Ain’t got shit to do with this, just thought I should mention
You looking for devine and a little intervention
And them birds don’t fly without my permission
I’m probably in the sky, flying with the fishes
Or maybe in the ocean, swimming with the pigeons
See my world is different,
Like Dwayne Wayne
And if you want trouble, bitch, I want the same thing

Or this from Dough Is What I Got (aka Jay’s Show Me What You Got):

“Good morning New York, Good afternoon New Orleans, Good night America (ha ha ha)…
I have no brain I’m retarded/ We all look the same, I’m a Martian/ You can be my Jane, I’m ya Tarzen/ I’m from the jungle where the snakes is all poison…”

His nasal flavoured flow slices perfectly through the This Is Why I’m Hot beat while We Takin Over might just be in line for track of the year: ’It’s me, the rapper eater, HA/ Feed me, feed me (no homo),’ he shouts over Khaled’s chaotic keys before unleashing a volley of rapid-fire rhymes. “One time for me, one time for the DJ/ He be Khladed, I be Lil Weezy…Damn right I kiss my daddy/ I think they pissed at how rich my Daddy is/ And I’m his kid I stunt with my daddy/ Call Ms Lee, she wit’ my daddy/ So diss me and don’t diss my daddy/ Cos who was there when no one wasn’t? Just my daddy…Hello hip hop, I’m home, it’s your daddy.’


‘Fuck a competition, me a murder them,’ is his final assertion, reaffirming that right now, Weezy’s definitely gunning for that No 1 spot. The champ (No Muhammed Ali) is here, yezzurp.

Weezy F you’re a lot. (No, er, hmmm)

No comments: