Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Kim V Rem

Kimmy has been talking to MTV about her little feud with Remy Ma. Now, I could swear when I interviewed Remy about two years ago, that they were cool and it was Fox and Rem who had beef.

I guess shit changes.

Check out Kim talking (and wearing a fabulous gold ensemble) here:
Kim On Remy

Oh and here's Kim's jibba-jab to Remy Ma, over 50's I Get Money. (Now girls, play nicely...)





In other news, Kimmy is due to release the new mixtape G.O.A.T soon!

"I always wanted to do a mixtape," Kim told MTV, live and direct from a studio, where she's working on a remake of the Lady of Rage's 'Afro Puffs.' "I used to see how 50 used to do it so hard. And I was a big fan of 50 when he first started putting out his mixtapes, and I'm still a fan. I seen his growth. But it all started with the mixtape. He caught my ear. It was a great movement. I said 'Damn, it's not a lot of girls doing it ... .'

"But I did this for my fans," she added. "It's been a year and a half since I been home from jail; I felt I owed them something. Although Kimberly Jones was getting her business straight and Kimberly Jones was getting herself straight, my music was my love."

Other tracks from the mixtape include a remix of Britney Spears' "Gimme More" titled "Kimme More." "It's Lil' Kim, ho," goes the intro.

Kim has hopes of releasing an official LP as early as February, but it won't be on Atlantic Records. She's very close to gaining her long-talked-about release from the label.

"We're in the middle of wrapping up the last bit of paperwork, and yeah, I'll be in charge of my own masters, my own career," she explained. "This is something I wanted to do for a long time. I had a great run there. We had a great history. But I came to a point where I felt it was time for me to do the independent thing and move on and take control of my own career. Thanks to Atlantic. They're letting me fly."

Kim's new album still doesn't have a title, but she guaranteed "a lot of surprises." Mister Cee and DJ Whoo Kid are helping Kim put together her mixtape, which should be out within the next couple of weeks.

I can't WAIT!

1 comment:

Joseph 'JP' Patterson said...

Why is Lil'Kim beefing her own cousin ? well i heard she was anyway...kim is the best female rapper though hands dwon

x