Friday, July 11, 2008

Wiley Announces New Single...

After the success of his No.2 hit single, Wearing My Rolex, Wiley has let the RWD forum in on his forthcoming release, due out 22 September. "It's called In The Summer," said Will. "It's goin to radio as of tomorrow. I'm on a roll still, hold tite my grime nation. After this album a new door will open."

Wiley also responded to questions as to whether the new track will be grime or electro:
"I'm 29 now, I can make any music. But the tempo is 123BPM, so lets just get with this album and the next album will be what I want to put on there only, not anyone else's influence."

When questioned further, he remained typically belligerent: "I done the first eight years of grime, I can do what I like now. Trust me, it's not about being small minded. You have to adapt to worldwide music, not just your area's music when you reach the top of your genre like Dizzee or me or Kane or Lethal. Music is music at the end of the day."

We look forward to hearing it Will! In the meantime, here's the Bless Beat's created classic:

No comments: