Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wiley: Another One Bites The Dust


AND I QUOTE (FROM RWD FORUM):


Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 621
i walk out of labels cos they are so stupid
im jus doin my ting now **** every1 i swear
__________________
The Godfather of Grime.



Wiley.
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 621
Do Not Sign A Record Deal If U Have Got Money
i laugh cos money aint the problem.The problem is when some1 thinks they can mould you into something not understanding 1 day you will wake up and notice.asylum didnt deserve me the pricks


Wiley.
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 621

aint my fault this time trust me i walked out at the highest point but you know what i didnt need to sign the deal ive got bigger doe than atlantic gave me
__________________
The Godfather of Grime.


Wiley.
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 621

my deal was 200,000 i got 100,000 upfront paid manager and lawyer 25,000 between em.so i go to make the album and the manager turns out to be a producer safe.then all of a sudden we have an album that i aint even made a beat on jus cos i was tryna jus listen to what im told to do.jus b4 we deliver the record my lawyer has let me know sumthing i didnt know the recording budget is now coming out of my advance i didnt moan but when he told me that the costs were meant to be 20k but now they are 50 grand and still goin i said na every1 **** off cos i was looking at the 200,000 and this jus 1 situation that went on so you can imagine how i feel towards the label and the manager.let me walk people im a music boy im not tryna be famous anymore i jus want music money
__________________


Wiley.
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 621

i have to remind every1 i had my bikes car chain and watch and all that b4 this album deal so i didnt need to sign this deal really but i got pressured into it by my manager obviously he jus wanted money and i signed knowing i was gonna end up flipping cos it wasnt me it was what asylum wanted me to be which was never gonna work

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scared of success. Wasteman. He'll never do it on his own.

Anonymous said...

oh my god, this idiot above obviously has no idea what the music industry is like. I fucking love Wiley, and I love the fact that he posted it up for everyone to understand. What a don.

Anonymous said...

wiley has made every one of his mistakes a matter of public record. every tune he made, whether it was shit or not, saw some kind of release. Every business idea he has failed on, every thing he quit or didn't show up to or didnt follow through on, everybody knows about. every "retirement" every silly music video. everything. The one thing you can count on is that he will always be turning out music. I love him.

Guerilla Bitch said...

Who the fuck is advising Wiley??? RULE NUMBER 1 - EVERY PENNY A LABEL SPENDS ON AN ARTIST IS RECOUPED

HOW THE FUCK DID HE NOT KNOW THAT - its his manager and his lawyers and all his advisers jobs to tell him that

Fucking Numpties the lot of them (NOT WILEY - he is an artist he deserves better representation)

Anonymous said...

i thought he had his own studio and label? sounds like his recording cost went up cause his label owns the studio and charges him too much per hour then rape you on mastering. its an old trick. i could have a studio and a vinyl press for 50k p check out djqbert's dirtstyle records everything was out of pocket and he never regretted it. now he owns a worldwide label