Friday, March 06, 2009

Had To Re-Post This...

Just remembered posting this last year, and seeing as she's blowing up thought be good to remind folks how musically interesting Little Boots is. Right now, she's getting a load of hype, but beyond that there's a genuinely talented musician.

Little Boots started getting hype by really utilising the 'Nets by doing email mailouts, a blog, sending links for mixes and by posting a load of covers of her at her piano. I love this cover of Rolex. Note a) The brown hair b) the Blackpool accent....



Seems like Cudi is a fan of her Dan N Nite. (And I quote)
"THANX LIL BOOTS FOR SHOWIN LOVE AND MAKIN THIS VIDEO, I REALLY THINK THIS SHOULD B A STUDIO VERSION….A WHOLE NOTHER REMIX, THOUGHTS??? GET AT ME LIL BOOOOOTTTTSSSS."



CuDi adds a bit more insight:

SO IM WATCHIN THIS VIDEO FOR THE 20TH TIME AND I KNO WHY I FUCK WITH IT SO MUCH. THE WAY SHE SINGS IT, THE WAY THE PIANO SOUNDS, IS HOW IT FELT TO ME WHEN I CAME UP WITH THE MELODY. IN MY HEAD IT SOUNDED LIKE A SYMPHONY, I HEARD IT IN ORCHESTRA FORMAT LOL. THIS LIL BOOTS VERSION PAINTS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF HOW SAD I WAS AT THAT TIME IN MY LIFE. IT SETS THAT MOOD PERFECT. THIS IS HOW DAY N NITE WAS MEANT TO SOUND, MOODY AND SAD. BUT I DIDNT WANT IT TO BE SO DEPRESSING, WHICH IS WHY WE GAVE IT A WHOLE NOTHER FEEL, WITH A MORE UPLIFTING VIBE. BUT THIS IS PERFECT, ITS THE “REAL” DAY N NITE. HOW U WERE MEANT TO HEAR IT, SAD.

No comments: