Monday, March 23, 2009



Kanye makes the Complex cover again. Chris Milk created the futuristic, concept and it looks darned dope.

You can read Noah Callaghan-Bever's full interview here but here's a couple of highlights...

You’re driving us through L.A. with no driver or bodyguard—
Kanye West: Yeah. I’m rich and I’m famous, but I try not to be extra with it.


Kanye West:But drugs? How perfect is that? People think I’m on drugs! I didn’t even have to do drugs for people to think that I was on them.


Kanye West:I look at my Grammy speech from last year and I cringe. Me and Common always had an inside joke about releasing albums in different years, and it came off completely wrong. Nobody got it and it made me look like a complete asshole, and it just confirmed that Kanye’s arrogant and not appreciative. You should always be gracious in a situation like that because that’s their show. You know, who the fuck am I to feel like I have rights to any extra time when it’s their show? I came in as a bit of a hothead and now I’m completely respectful; I really have the opportunity to live my dreams out and have my Grammy moments and build a great relationship with these people. And I learned from that; I publicly apologized for it, and I apologized to Common for the way it sounded.


So what would you say was the most important thing you learned about yourself in the last 12 months?
Kanye West:That I can be a very level-headed person. I would never spaz on MTV the way I did before. I feel like there are people who have given a lot to me and I wasn’t appreciative of them. MTV had a major part in making me, so how the hell could I ever come out my mouth and dis them and just be like the cry baby–ass bitch over one performance? How the hell is a 29-year-old grown-ass man acting like a little bitch and getting all emotional? How spoiled can I get?

Kanye West: There are mistakes that I’ve made that I deserve for people to look at me like a complete asshole because I have been a complete asshole.


Here's a video of the cover being made:


No comments: