Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Awakening


Did I mention I saw this last week? Probs I did. But telling you again, that's it's really worth seeing. It's just finished, or is finishing, a run at the Lyric in Hammersmith, but is transferring to the West End in the next couple. Get ye some tickets....

All new actors and it's about teenage sexuality/ pregnancy and all that good stuff (no Grange Hill).

The music is great, the acting impeccable, and the staging fab. One piece called 'Bitch' made me so happy I smiled for about 3.5 minutes.

Saw Macbeth the next night at Shoreditch Church (last time I went to the theatre was literally about two years ago, and now I go twice in one week?). It was aight. The acting and direction was a bit dodge in places, but the church setting was really impressive. I did Macbeth at college and can safely say our version was perhaps the worst ever - like the Fawlty Towers of Shakespeare. But hilariously funny, even if unintentionally.

I really recommend getting out to the theatre now and again. In fact, mumzie is down at the weekend, maybe I'll make it a hat-trick!

No comments: