Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wednesday 27 May: History Was Made People...






Yesterday was, to paraphrase Ice Cube, a mo'cuffin great day.

After a quick pop to the RWD office, I made my way to lunch with the people for R1, 1X and some other journalists, including some wastechick called Chantelle Fiddy. Not sure what she was doing there, but hey.

I finally got to meet Mistajam SOBER (me, not him) and Gemma too (although she reckons she's usually drunk and not me, so I'll roll with that). Mr. Nelson was also in attendance and was much entertaining company telling some funny stories - but what happens at a 1x lunch, stays at a 1x lunch!

The tenner that Gemma is holding aloft is the tenner that Chan won in a bet with Mistajam, that being a vegetarian, I wouldn't eat steak. You can probs guess who won that one...

I took a couple of twitpix and nicked a couple off that Fiddy chick too...

Then, after another pass through the office, it was off to interview new chick trio Girls Can't Catch, one of who, Daizy, I met when she won the Hugo Urban Rules comp a year or two back. They were supporting Girls Aloud and damn, they can sing live those girls! Some good catchy tracks to. I'll wack up a filmed interview with them very soon. We talked about cakes quite a lot, which to me is the mark of a pretty good interview...

Of course, the highlight was still to come. Yes, I got to spend 10 minutes in the illuminous company that is Mrs. Cheryl Cole. I really warmed to her on X-Factor, and Chezza fans I can confirm she's as normal, warm and lovely as she appears. So down to earth. And absolutely beautiful. We chatted about Come Dine With Me, lotions and potions for your skin, how amazing Beyonce is and... well, what happens backstage at a Girls Aloud concert, stays backstage at a.... (you get the picture).

Got to see the show too and it was mad impressive. I must admit, I don't *actually* know that many album tracks, but it was very entertaining regardless. I really have to applaud the 5 for their ability to dance solidly for two hours IN HEELS AND SING LIVE. That is serious, serious hard work. They get huge rating for that. It's a great show too; lots of costumes, dance routines, a bit in the middle of the audience, a giant swing, fireworks and all that good stuff. Think there's a few dates left, so catch them while you can...

Ok, normal hip hop service will soon be resumed... Probably....







No comments: