Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Mariah: Obsessed

So this is the new M.C tune. Slight dig to Eminem, methinks? Puhlease!

Produced by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, the beat is kinda meh. I agree with Perez Hilton (don't hold that against me); maybe Mariah should have come back with an out-of-the-box sound, something that's a bit more now. Considering the music that's really hitting hard now, this doesn't stand up against the La Roux/ GaGa/ Kanye's etc...

Here's what Mariah said about the tune:

"Seriously, this is one of my favorite songs ever. I love the whole album. I'm completely immersed in it. I can't wait for you to hear it. So "Obsessed" is an uptempo fun summer record. We were gonna go w/the ballad 1st but don't worry, its coming. I tried to make something for all who love Butterfly, and even older albums, but "Obsessed" has to come out 1st, asap!! Its different for me, but clearly, its SO me!"

No comments: