Monday, June 22, 2009

Perez Vs. Will.I.Am?


So I awoke earlier today to the most random Twitters from Perez:

I'm in shock. I need the police ASAP. Please come to the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel now. Please.

I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke.
about 2 hours ago from Sidekick

Still waiting for the police. The bleeding has stopped. I need to document this. Please, can the police come to the SoHo Met Hotel.
about 2 hours ago from Sidekick

I spoke to my lawyer. I really need to talk to the authorities. Please come to the SoHo Met Hotel. Have called the police. Need them here.
about 2 hours ago from Sidekick

The Toronto police are here now. Thank you. Please stop calling them.
about 1 hour ago from Sidekick

Thank u all from the bottom of my heart for ur concern. The police are investigating the assault now. I did the right thing by reporting it.
16 minutes ago from web

I won't be talking about this any further. It is in the hands of the authorities.
16 minutes ago from web


IT'S A MADNESS! Someone twittered back, why don't you get off Twitter and call the police then? Ha!

Anyway, Will has done a video and placed it on his Dipdive site, telling some of what happened from his perspective.

You can't embed it, but basically, here's the rough idea. Will was DJing at an afterparty of the World Music Awards and it seems like Fergie approached Perez to ask him why he was so mean. He upset her, she told Will, Will saw him at another club later, told him to not be so rude, he called Will 'a faggot' in front of a bunch of fans, and one of the fans jumped him. No word from Perez as to whether that's how he saw it...:

Here's a bit from Will's video - I've paraphrased in places...

Fergie appproaches Perez and says 'Do you have a problem with me?' He says 'No, i just don't like your record.' Which is cool.. but he really disrespects her and hurts her feelings. it's one thing to tell your feelings and the other thing to go overboard...Ii don't even know what gives this guy the authority to be so rude like that...Fergie comes to me very emotional and that makes me very emotional cos that's like my sister... (shortly after )he left he club.

After out afterparty is over, I go to another afterparty and I see him. I see him and I say to him 'Can you do me a favour, don't be blatantly rude about our group on your website, You do't like our music, cool, but you don't have to be rude.'

He said 'I respect you' and I said 'What??'... He walks away and then I leave. Then e turns and says 'That was very faggot of you, coming, at me like that.' There's fans there and a whole bunch of people. He then says 'You're a faggot Will. I. Am.' I was like 'Yo, it's cool.' I'm just chilling, waiting for my car. He walks aways and one of the fans gets all crazy and starts some stuff with Perez Hilton.

It's not that serious, it's all music and opinion, people make a career out of that which is cool. but don't be disrespectful about it, and fans don't get crazy about it.

That's all I got say about it.

1 comment:

Jo Fuertes-Knight said...

someone needs to administer a GOOD verbal beatdown before Perez just ends up looking like a martyr...