Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Here Comes The Girls...


Massive congratumalations to Krissi Murison who has been named editor of the NME.

I think, other than myself, she is the only female editor of a music magazine, and one of the few women editors full-stop, apart from the women's glossies obvs. This obviously sucks hugely, and while Krissi's appointment won't redress the balance, at least it's one more female in this darned fight!

I think she's facing a tough job in terms of managing people's expectations. Conor made himself very unpopular by creating a magazine that was essentially profitable, at least that's how I understood it went down. So with the best intentions it might be hard for her to overhaul it if there's not evidence of financial recompense for the dirty suits who demand these things. But I'm sure she'll make some ace changes and win those dirty businesspeople over in time.

Here's what Ms. M had to say about the role:

"Editor of NME has to be up there as one of the all-time dream jobs – and certainly the only one I'd ever consider coming back to a British ‘summer’ for," declared Murison after her appointment. "There's a lot of work to do, but I am beyond excited to be at the helm of what has always been my favourite magazine in the world."

No comments: