Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Good Doctor...





So yes I GOT TO INTERVIEW DR. DRE. DR 'STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON' DRE. DR 'DOGGYSTYLETHECHRONIC2001UPINDACLUBREALSLIMSHADYNEXTEPISODEKEEPTHEIRHEADSRINGING' DRE.

You can read the feature on Dre in the Guardian today and, look, you can check out the amazing pictures I took of the experience.

Except you can't. For these shaky lil shits were taken on my phone while I was taking video footage (to be uploaded v soon) and taking what turned out to be some quite great portraits with my proper camera.

Except...

Except...

Except I got really drunk after the interview didn't I? There was margaritas and tequilla and beer and some weird jug thing that you literally poured down your throat that had rioja and gin and flipping some other shit in it.

Anyway, I woke up the next morning with a fantastic hangover and without my camera. Yep.

So all those great pix of Dre and Dre and Jimmy and Dre and Guetta are gone. Except they're probably not because some thieving whoebag in a dive bar in the Lower East Side has probably upped them onto their blog. Or wiped the whole memory clean and sold it on. Whatever.

Yes, I know, I'm a dick.

Anyway, here's a taster of what the interview is about:

Dr Dre will see you now … but you won't hear Detox until 2011
What's delaying Dr Dre's new album? And why's he hanging out at the mall with David Guetta, Will.I.Am and some bloke who used to produce Simple Minds? We score a rare appointment with the hip-hop legend to find out



Read the rest here...

No comments: