Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Prince Live- OMG


How excited am I right now? Like, very.

The Purple One was in London Town today to announce 21 - count 'em- 21 dates in the UK this summer. Holy mo'fo god!

Having seen him live like three times, I can't recommend this experience enough. Not only is he playing small, intimate dates, but he's being a gent by charging but £31 a pop - compared to the likes of Babs Streisand and Madge etc, this just makes it even better.

In other good news, he's also hinted that he might only perform an Amy Winey track, but he might get the old gal onstage to sing her [i]Love Is A Losing Game[/i] with him. The man formerly known as Squiggle said he had learned about 150 songs from which to choose, and hinted that he may perform Amy's [i]Love...[/i]. Asked if he would ask her on stage to perform with him, he replied: "Absolutely."

Fans can also expect to receive free CDs at the show, where Prince will be giving out free copies. "I love London. I've had some of my favourite shows here," he said at a press conference in the capital today."Last time I was here, a lot of people didn't get to see me, so we're trying to make it affordable for everybody," he said.

The 80-million album selling Purple One is rumoured to be playing his Greatest Hits during the tour for the very last time. So if you want to hear [i]Purple Rain[/i], [i]Lets Go Crazy[/i] and all that other good stuff, get ready to buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale - cos you KNOW that I will. Hell to the yeah.

No comments: