Tuesday, March 03, 2009

i-D Exhibition...

David LaChapelle



I had to have a full day at home yesterday on a work tip, so I missed the opening of i-D's Soul i-D book.

Showing at Christies in South Ken, the expo is showing pictures from the book. It's a rather lovely, glossy thing - I hope if I write this, they might send me one, to be honest. Fiddy got one - I want one too!

The book features contributions from Giorgio Armani, Tracey Emin, David LaChapelle, Alexander McQueen and Yoko Ono.

The next bit is press release-y, but can't be arsed to write it:

This pioneering exhibition will travel internationally for the next three years. Its worldwide tour began in Europe at the Galerie Azzedine Alaia in Paris in November 2008 (where it attracted approximately 5,000 visitors in three weeks) and following its upcoming return to native British soil at Christie’s South Kensington in March, it will then travel to Milan during Salone Internazionaledel Mobile, after that crossing the Atlantic to New York where it will be displayed for two weeks at Christie’s galleries in the Rockefeller Center in July 2009.

No comments: