Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Russell Brand: He's Quite Funny...



I couldn't be arsed to read the whole of his lengthy post about attending the protests today, but one big caught my eye that amused me.

This lovely French journalist harangued me as the conflagration heated up – “people over there are being arrested – you should go over and use your fame for good.” Quite. “By the power vested in me by Big Brother’s Big Mouth I command you to release that anarchist.” Of course I’d like to harness my celebrity for altruistic ends but in the field, at that moment I don’t know what legislative authority I have as a result of my appearance in the film “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”. “Officer – I played the part of Mickey the Room Service waiter in the Disney movie Bedtime Stories and as such I command you to let us cross this line”.

Read the rest on Brand's blog if you fancy it...

He also wrote a lovely blog about Jade Goody recently...

In related news, the helicopters overhead are getting REALLY ANNOYING NOW. Good luck to me with sleeping later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Publicity stunt. He wasn't there for very long, didn't do very much except have his photo taken, then went on Twitter later that night to try and sell his book.