Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jamie Foxx Ft T.I. Just Like Me

I've been blazing this for a minute (wow, I sound like Semtex right there).

I interviewed Jamie Foxx once and what a painful experience that was. 16 minutes and the fool kept singing to me. I was like 'Dude, shattap with the singing and answer the damn questions.'

Here's a bit of the transcript. True stories.

"I felt if I could play these songs with just a guy on a guitar, light a few candles, keep it real low like (sings) ‘Baby, I just want to take your freaking clothes of, kiss your body while I take your clothes off…’"

Er....
"I recorded it at home and in Miami and of course that influence can really be felt – it’s something about the ocean in Miami. Like (sings) ‘Every hour, every minute I’m thinking about it…S.E.X.’"

Hmm, is it fair to say you think about sex a lot?
(laughs) Yeah! LA people actually came to LA to have sex - movies and TV is just the backdrop. In music though, it’s not so hidden; you don’t have to turn your back on talking about it. There’s so many different ways to look at the romantic experience so I used this record as a tool for my homies out there that want to talk to girls. You just pop the CD in and (sings) ‘Can I take you home girl/ Get you all alone girl.’ It’s right on that money."


THREE SONGS IN THREE QUESTIONS!!! CUZ, IF YOU WERE STEVIE WONDER I'D BE LIKE 'SING ON.' But you ain't. You're Jamie Foxx.

I weirdly liked the album though. Might have been the only person in the world that did but hey.

No comments: